Nutraveris Experts can support you on the following skills area
Food supplements, considered foodstuffs, are concentrated sources of nutrients or other substances with a nutritional or physiological effect. They are marketed in dosage forms designed to be taken in measured small unit quantities.
Directive 2002/46/EC establishes the specific provisions on the labeling of food supplements and lists vitamins and minerals (and their forms) authorized in food supplements. However, maximum amounts of those vitamins and minerals and the use of substances with a nutritional or physiological effect of which botanicals are not harmonized at European level. For formulation of a food supplement, the national specific legislations as amended on authorized ingredients and possible maximal daily doses have to be checked.
General food law (food safety, information to consumers, novel foods, nutrition and health claims…) also applies to food supplements.
Each Member State has established its own notification or registration procedure which is mandatory before placing a food supplement on the market no matter what is your channel of distribution (pharmacy, online…).
EU & USA Regulatory Compliance & Notification
- Compliance analysis & adjustments of composition, rules of labelling, communications
- Label validation
- File development & submission to national authorities (EU only)
- Follow up & exchange through authorization
- Experts & artificial intelligence solutions
- The largest practice in the market (more than 4000 products authorized)
- Regulatory compliance (Formulation, claims..)
- Scientific support compliance (efficacy, interactions, safety...)
- Quality insurance evaluation (process, controls, analysis...)
- Export feasibility in other countries
- Strategic recommendations
- Experts in all these areas of expertise
- Regular practice for investment funds and on most recent deals