Nutraveris Experts can support you on the following skills area
Foods for weight control are regulated by specific provisions on composition and labeling according to Directive 96/8/EC on foods intended for use in energy-restricted diets for weight reduction. Regulation (EU) N° 609/2013 provides that the current directive will be replaced by a new delegated act: Regulation (EU) 2017/1798 will apply instead of Directive 96/8/EC from 27 October 2022.
From July 2016, according to Regulation (EU) N° 609/2013 concerning the revision of PARNUTS legislation, meal replacements for weight control are ordinary foods or fortified foods: the two authorized health claims on meal replacements may continue to be used, the conditions of use of those claims are amended by Regulation (EU) 2016/1413.
General food law (food safety, information to consumers, novel foods, nutrition and health claims…) also applies to foods for weight control.
EU & USA Regulatory Compliance & Notification
- Compliance analysis & adjustments of composition, rules of labelling, communications
- Label validation
- File development & submission to national authorities (EU only)
- Follow up & exchange through authorization
- Experts & artificial intelligence solutions
- The largest practice in the market (more than 4000 products authorized)
- Regulatory compliance (Formulation, claims..)
- Scientific support compliance (efficacy, interactions, safety...)
- Quality insurance evaluation (process, controls, analysis...)
- Export feasibility in other countries
- Strategic recommendations
- Experts in all these areas of expertise
- Regular practice for investment funds and on most recent deals